Virat Kohli Records are made every time he steps onto the field. The likes of Joe Root, Kane Williamson, and Steve Smith have aced test cricket while Warner, Rohit Sharma and Jos Buttler are inordinate in One Day Internationals. Then we have the Caribbean power in T20s. amongst all these, there’s one name performing substantially well in all formats.
Virat Kohli, undoubtedly the best batsman of the world, has scaled new heights every year. From an unmatched fitness level to his ability to play big shots, he has garnered huge success on the basis of hard work. Stats show that Virat Kohli’s game has become unsurpassed since the time he became captain of Indian Cricket.
He is piling on runs effortlessly and has demolished every single opposition. Virat Kohli is one player who has performed irrespective of the conditions. The Indian run-machine has most of the batting records under his belt.
Here are 10 Virat Kohli Records that prove why he is the greatest of all time
1. Virat Kohli is the fastest batsmen to score 11000 runs. He took only 17 innings to move from 10K to 11K. More than the milestone, his innings proved out to be the difference between India and Pakistan.
Virat Kohli is the fastest to cross 8K, 9K and 10K run too.
2. The young lad from Delhi is fastest to score 1000 runs in a calendar year. He broke Hashim Amla’s 15 inning record to achieve this feat.
3. He along with Rohit Sharma has been involved in 4 200+ runs partnerships. This record states his teamwork skill which was often doubted in many greats.
4. Virat Kohli is the first captain to hit 6 One Day International hundreds in a single calendar year.
5. Kohli has scored over 300 runs in a bilateral series 6 times. No other player has done this for more than four times.
6. In 4 consecutive test series, Virat Kohli became the first batsman to score a double century in every series.
7. This has to be one of the unbelievable Virat Kohli records. Kohli holds the record for scoring fastest 100 by an Indian. In the ODI series against Australia in 2013, Kohli’s brilliance made the 360-target look small.
8. He equaled the record of most series wins consecutively. He, along with Ricky Ponting has won 9 consecutive test series on the trot.
9. He has the highest number of 50+ scores in t20s. Virat has scored 20 fifties in the shortest version of the game.
10. Also known as the chase master, Virat Kohli has the record of most tons in chasing. Currently, he has 21 centuries while chasing which are 4 more than Tendulkar’s 17.
There are numerous records held by Virat Kohli which cannot be listed ever. With every single inning, he is scaling new heights in world cricket. Not only as a batsman but as a player Kohli has matured a lot over the past couple of years.
Virat has 41 ODI centuries and 25 test centuries right now. He is probably going to break Sachin’s record of most centuries. He has anteed his t20 game and power hitting too. Hope he achieves every single milestone and makes the cricket proud. There’s a never ending list of Virat Kohli Records that can’t be compiled until he finishes his career.